<$BlogRSDURL$>

.

My Rambling Blog

My Finished Knitting Projects

My Knitting WIP

 


<< Prev | Next >>

Crafty Expats

<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next>>

Knitters in Europe
<< Prev | Next>>


<< Prev | Next >>

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)


     
   

.

Cyn's knits and stuff
Wednesday, April 21, 2004
  WOW, Check it out!

I'm actually posting in this blog! I've stopped knitting for a few days to get this one up and running. There are a few things I wanted to do with my blog that I couldn't do over at Live Journal
So I will turn that one into just a place to ramble and this one into my knitting blog. I like the community over there, so I don't really want to give it up.

As for knitting, I have a few projects in the works.
I have a sweater I HAVE to finish! it is for a cousins new baby. I also did a blanket for her, but haven't sent it yet. I wanted to get both in the package. (I will have to mail them to her.)
Another is a Ribbed sweater for my daughter. Peach and mint green.

It is from the book Quick Baby Knits by Debbie Bliss.
Also the last project I finished was from the same book. Which I think came out great!

I am also doing a sweater for a friend of my husbands. It is a Norwegian pattern in Norwegian. So it is going slow. It is called Setesdal Genser (Genser is Norwegian for Sweater).

Now that has been a bit of a pain in the tush! First off my Norwegian isn't that great yet. Secondly I've only done texture knitting but never dual colors. So that is a first. Plus it is knitted in the round and that is a first too.
Not to mention I've had to frog it 3 TIMES! I'm getting close to the next pattern for the yoke and my mother-in-law (Gunn) is helping me with the translation says I have to increase and purl where it will be streeked for the arms. She seemed a bit unsure. LOL My guess is she is use to Dale of Norway patterns and this was a Peer Gynt. I just hope she is right so I won't have to frog it again!

Well thats enough to bring you all up to date.
Oh one more project. For my son, a washcloth. Something he has been wanting. He just went to camp with his school (and I miss him!!!). Well he asked for one just before he left. The DAY before he left. Little too short notice. I got half done before he walked out the door. Oh well, at least he will have a nice cloth when he gets home. :)

Have a great day all!

Cyn~ 
 
 

Love knitting and other crafts here is a place I can share my art.

ARCHIVES
January 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / August 2005 / October 2009 /


Knitting Weblogs


KnitNet logo

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger


Nordic Knitting Blogs