<$BlogRSDURL$>

.

My Rambling Blog

My Finished Knitting Projects

My Knitting WIP

 


<< Prev | Next >>

Crafty Expats

<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next >>


<< Prev | Next>>

Knitters in Europe
<< Prev | Next>>


<< Prev | Next >>

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)


     
   

.

Cyn's knits and stuff
Tuesday, May 18, 2004
  Maya's 1st Bunad

Hello all,

I'm not feeling too hot. Just as I thought I was over being sick for a while, I woke up today all yucky. Well yesterday was Norway's constitution (independence) day. 17.Mai. So I guess being out in the cold wind in parades wasn't that good of an idea.

I've got a few pics to share for everyone. This first is of my little one in her first Bunad (Norways traditional dress).

Most Bunads are custom made and expensive. Unfortunately I don't have the money to go that route, so we got her a basic one. It resembles very well to the one in our family. There is another generic one that looks very wrong compared. So I am glad we found this one. (Not to mention it is extremely hard to find or see most children her age wearing bunads. Like I said they are custom made and most people wont pay the money for something that will be worn for one year.)
Here she is with her Farmor (grandma), Oldemor (great grandmother), and maybe soon to be tante (aunt). (I say maybe because she hasn't made any wedding plans with my brother-in-law as of yet.)


Now this is a picture of my son before his parade starts.

He really enjoys these days, but after a while all the walking gets to him. Yet after we picked him up out of the croud and took a little time for lunch, he was up an rearing to go again. So we headed to Åkra to visit with some family visiting from the states for the holiday.

And lastly a knitting picture.

This girl we saw sitting on the steps of town hall. She is a Russ which is what you are called when you are a senior in High School. They wear overalls with the color of their school. If you go to a general high school you would wear red, if you go to a business high school you would wear blue.
Oh yea, what does this have to do with knitting.
She is wearing the sweater I am currently knitting, a Setesdal in blue. Goes perfect with her Russ clothing.
I thought it was neat! :) 
Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

Love knitting and other crafts here is a place I can share my art.

ARCHIVES
January 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / August 2005 / October 2009 /


Knitting Weblogs


KnitNet logo

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger


Nordic Knitting Blogs