Cyn's knits and stuff
Out of space
I have several things I wanted to show, but my puter is a bit short on room. I need to do a bit of re-organizing then I can upload some pics of things.
One will be my gift. Yes, I got my Nordic Secert Friend gift and I got several patterns with yarn while I was away also a book and booklets. So give me a chance. I still have my children to deal with and my dh who is still on vacation from work, so it shouldn't be long.
Well I had a great week. Nice and relaxing, even tho I didn't get much knitting done.
We headed over to Stavanger which is a bit south of where I live. We stayed at Rainbow Hotels which gave us tickets for Kongenparken (theme park) and Havana (water park). The rest of the time we wandered the city.
On Thur we had planed to goto Kongenparken, but it turned out to be a horrible day weather wise. So I talked my son into waiting a day in hopes of better weather. He unhappily agreed. So we took a drive. As we went I decided to look at the map to see where we were and guess what I found... Gjestal Spinnery!!!
Unfortunatly the production was stalled for the summer. Yet, I did have fun brousing through all the yarns and patterns they had avalible.
I've got more to post, but i have to get a few thing done. I'll be back! :)
I noticed I forgot to mention I'm on vacation. Well, I'm not on vacation, but my dh is. We have been out and about all week and Monday we are heading out of town for a week. So I will be away from the computer.
Have a great summer and I will post when I get back!
Take care! :)
Not much is going on here. Most celebrations for the 4th of July for Americans is located in larger cities, so we were unable to go.
We do plan to have our own little BBQ and we are all wearing our ribbons to honor the day. I havn't been able to locate a flag, so I have non displayed. :(
So for the 4th I thought I would put a link of a book I've run across on the net.
Here is an on-line book called How to Become an "Expert Knitter"
Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday!
How to Be a Bad-Ass Knitter
1. Knit whatever the hell you want . . . whenever you want.
2. Buy as much yarn (and books and needles etc.) as you want, whenever the hell you want.
3. Never, ever, apologize for knitting.
4. Never, ever, apologize because you think something you knit isn't "good" enough.
5. Never, ever, apologize about how you knit: right-handed, left-handed, or with your toes!
6. Traditional knitting is timeless.
7. Display your stash with pride!
8. You don't have to follow a pattern exactly -- make changes if you wanna.
9. Never apologize for knitting cat/dog hair into your sweater. It's all the warmer!
10. Whenever a non-knitter asks you a stupid question, remember that you carry long, sharp sticks.
I qualify! Too cool. I'm a
Good news for me.
Actually, life has been busy. My in-laws headed out for vacation, we had Ulie's birthday party and several small get togethers. So there has been very little time for knitting. Finally I got a chance to go see Harry Potter last night. Yep thats right, I am a fan and have read all the books. I was pretty impressed. This one gave a better view on the story and the way it was filmed to see the grounds was much much better.
On to the good news.
There is a new LYS in town and this one is in the local mall with normal hours!!! Marianns Haandarbeid (Marianns Handcrafts)
. I have already spent money there. I'm so happy over this!!!